The mission of Rhode Island KIDS COUNT is to improve the health, safety, education, economic security, and development of Rhode Island's children.
Rhode Island KIDS COUNT:
- Provides independent, credible, comprehensive information on Rhode Island's children.
- Uses that information to change or influence public policies and programs to improve children's lives.
- Provides information and strategies on "what works" and promotes best practices that will turn the curve on indicators of child well-being.
- Holds systems accountable and indicates where changes should be made to improve programs that don't work.
- Stimulates dialogue on children's issues and brings together individuals and organizations to develop strategies and solutions to improve children's lives.
- Engages in information-based advocacy to affect public policies and programs for the improvement of children's lives.